Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Off to a bad start




My brand-spankin'-newest book is Gus Hansen's Every Hand Revealed. It's a great idea for a book, and unprecedented: He documents and dissects every one of the 329 hands he played during his victorious run at the Aussie Millions tournament in 2007, discussing the situation and what he was thinking. It should be a fascinating insight into a highly unorthodox poker mind.

I just received my copy Friday, and cracked it open this evening to start in on it. I was dismayed to find this in the dedication:

To Chip Reese--


Remembering the Ones who left way to soon
but still enrished our lives in many ways....

*cringe*

Is there at Kensington Publishing Company not a single person with the title of "editor," one who is charged with, e.g., knowing the difference between "way to soon" and "way too soon," or knowing that there is no s in "enriched"?

Bah! If there is a misspelling on every line of the book, as with every line of the dedication, I'm going to be as bald as Gus by the time I finish reading it.

No comments: