Saturday, September 20, 2008

Toothpicks--again




I've grumbled before about people chewing toothpicks, here and here. I can't absolutely swear that this will be the last time I mention it, but it likely will be, because there just isn't much more to say on the subject.

But this guy from the Rio tonight deserved a mention, because he took it to a whole 'nuther level. You can't tell from the low-resolution cell phone photo, but he had a double-pointed toothpick that he gradually worked into a pulp. He would periodically spin it around in his mouth so that he could work on both ends and keep them about even, which meant that over time what one saw protruding from his mouth was a wet, soggy, split, chewed, bleached bit of wood. He somehow also nearly broke it in the middle, so that the protruding half was dangling kind of precariously, like the too-long ashes on a cigarette.

He was on vacation from North Carolina, which makes sense, because everybody who lives in North Carolina is, of course, a backwoods redneck uneducated hick unworthy of sharing city space with the rest of us.

:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoot. Ya'll know that here in Nawth Cackilacky poker ain't even legalified, so we GOT to come out there, 'cause I shure as hell ain't goin' to Atlantic City. My Daddy'd kill me if he knew I set foot up there near where the War of Northern Aggression started. Anyhow, Lord knows the moonshine bid'ness ain't been good lately, what with them G-men gettin' in the way, messin' up everyting, we got to try to make a livin' somehow. Besides, if'n a toothpick was good enough for my Daddy while he was puttin' in 'bacca, it's good enough for me, buddy boy.

:)

Mike G said...

Are you guys referring to the NC that's home to Duke University, UNC Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, and numerous other institutions of higher learning that will forever eclipse any academic institution the state of Nevada might be able to stick onto its fading athletic programs?

Ah, but of course. You meant SOUTH Carolina. Everything makes sense now.

;)

John G. Hartness said...

As a product of the South Carolina public education system currently residing in North Carolina, I feel compelled to defend the average intellect of my state.

But I've been too busy impregnating my cousin in the back of pickup truck that sits up on blocks in the front yard to pay attention to them rednecks.