Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Poker crossword




The New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle I finished last night was titled "Overheard at the Poker Game." (It's not the new one in this week's paper; it was originally published several years ago and is now in a book.) Here are the themed punny clues I had to solve, along with the answers:


Chef's comment at the poker game:
I hope I win this pot.

Laundry worker's comment at the poker game:
I have to fold.

Broadway producer's comment at the poker game:
I want a full house.

Lifer's comment at the poker game:
I'm in for a hundred.

Car seller's comment at the poker game:
I'm the dealer.

Tennis pro's comment at the poker game:
I'd like another ace.

Artist's comment at the poker game:
I'll draw two cards.

Farmer's comment at the poker game:
I raise all I've got.

2 comments:

NewinNov said...

Ha ha.

NewinNov said...

Ha ha.

What do you call a paraplegic with no legs and arms? Matt.