Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My turkey came a little late for Thanksgiving (zero poker content)




My sister, long a fan of the NFR, is in town for the rodeo. So yesterday I had lunch with her clan, then she and I went bowling at Sam's Town. As you can see above, even after having a small steak for lunch, there was room left over for a little turkey! I'm not sure I've ever hit three strikes in a row in my life. (Unlike Gadzooks; she can pull it off in her sleep.) Sadly, on the second game I reverted to usual humiliating style:




There is good news on the horizon, completely unrelated to the above, except that the crappy cell phone camera shots reminded me of it: A new phone is on the way. It's this lovely wine-colored LG Vu model:





See full review here. I had thought that I would have to wait a year or two to upgrade to a fancy, newfangled, touch-screen smartphone with web browser, because of the costs. But yesterday I found a great deal on the thing: Zero up-front cost (well, aside from a $36 activation fee), and a monthly plan that includes unlimited web access for only $8/month more than I'm paying now. And I get to dump Sprint, whose lousy service and call quality have been bugging me for way too long. (Not sure AT&T will be better, but they couldn't really be worse.)

There will be some transition time while I get used to all the bells and whistles, but before too long, when I have occasion to snap a photo and post it here, you won't have to squint to see it. The new phone has a 2 megapixel camera, as opposed to the 0.3 MP camera in the current phone. Might even get some videos out of the thing when needed. Whee!

3 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

By FAR your best post ever ;)!

That's one sweet looking phone, too!

I love all things techy & gadgety!

Anonymous said...

My sister has this phone. It's ok but she hates AT&T service.

I will stike with my Blackberry Curve and the unlimited plan and service from sprint. (plus I get 16% off sprint from work).

Ox

Unknown said...

With cell phone companies it can always be worse.