Friday, February 20, 2009

Thanks

My deepest thanks to VegasRex for taking my side in the whole Cannery thing with this post:

http://www.vegasrex.com/2009/02/19/vegas-law-enforcement-is-out-of-control/

As usual, he finds a way to express the outrage and indignation that I feel but can't find the tone and/or vocabulary to articulate well. (And if I did, my father, who still reads me every day, would drive down here and wash my mouth out with soap, like he did when I was 6. Love ya, Dad!)

While I'm at it, thanks, too, to Carlos Miller. He's a photographer and journalist who, after a nasty encounter with some police officers who didn't appreciate being photographed, started a blog dedicated to documenting the abuse and legal problems faced by photographers who have broken no laws: "Photography is not a crime." I hadn't heard of his case or his blog before tonight, but apparently one of my readers tipped him about my story. He emailed me to ask for an interview, and we had a nice chat on the phone. His post about my experience is here. He also kindly pointed me to the blog of an attorney who appears to specialize in such matters here. Interesting stuff.

And, finally, thanks to all the readers who posted supportive and encouraging comments to the story. It means more to me than I could easily explain here.

2 comments:

Philly said...

I just keep thinking about the cop who was willing to go to a computer and look at your blog. It was a simple solution and thank goodness he understood that. I hope no one ever goes to the Cannery ever again. I've never been there and having read about your ordeal, I'll never go.

gr7070 said...

The thing that I think needs to be focused on more is the BS about your license being expired.

Surely that was a lie and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the start of something more devious.