Friday, June 19, 2009

Quick update

Spent most of the day and night at the Rio sweating Cardgrrl in Event #36, the $2000 NLHE. She is doing fantastically well--making good decisions and getting lucky in a few key spots, which makes for a pretty unbeatable combination. I am enormously, exuberantly, ridiculously proud of her. It's almost enough to make be not be grumpy for a while. (Almost.) See her brief Day 1 summary report here. I've taken a sneak peek at her table assignment for Day 2, and it is blessedly free of scary names. Furthermore, she will get to start with a big chip lead on her table--48% more than her nearest competitor!

Many stories to tell, rule controversies to expound upon, and photos to share. But it's late, I'm beat, I still have an overnight wrapup to write for PokerNews, and then get some shuteye before railing CG for her exciting Day 2 Friday. Much more later, I promise.

2 comments:

bastinptc said...

Thanks for sweating her.

Anonymous said...

I think the Grump might be doing more than just sweating her!