Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Top Gear in Vegas?

"Top Gear" from the BBC is one of my tippy-top-favorite TV shows. In fact, it's perhaps the most popular TV show in the whole world. Yesterday they started a new season. Of course, I immediately downloaded a bootleg copy of it and watched. Jeremy Clarkson said that they would be visiting Las Vegas during this season! Maybe they've already been here for filming, but if so, I didn't hear about it--and I think I would have, what with daily reading of Vegas news blogs and gearhead blogs. This leaves me with some hope that they are yet to arrive, and I can get all geeky and fanboy-y to a truly embarrassing degree when they're here. I like James May the best. Quiet, deliberate, smart, witty--my kind of guy.

6 comments:

--S said...

When does their season run (sorry, I don't watch TV)?

Most automotive shows that film in Vegas seem to do so during the SEMA show in the fall.

Cheryl said...

Looks like you're out of luck. They filmed from 18 -20 June
http://www.filminglasvegas.com/

Rakewell said...

Seasons are irregular. See here:

http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

DuggleBogey said...

James May? Seriously?

His qualifications for being on a car show are...well, he's a trained concert pianist. So he's got that going for him.

He can't drive around the corner without getting lost.

He does have good taste in luxury cars and small cars, but his choices in performance cars is horrendous, and that's mostly what the show is about.

The genius of the show is that all three presenters are very strong characters...and they're all morons. Just like their viewers. Us. ;)

gr7070 said...

Couldn't agree with the commentor more about May sucking. He's far and away the worst of the three.

It is a great show though.

Fred said...

You gotta love the Stig!