Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm not dead yet! (A post with zero poker content, zero grumpy content)

That's me, as one of the French knights, peeking around the fortress door to get a look at the giant wooden rabbit left by the English ka-niggets. It's not Photoshop, it's one of those silly stick-your-face-in-the-hole photo ops. It's just outside the Spamalot theater at the Wynn.

As you might guess, I went to see that show tonight. It's great--even better than I expected. Maybe half the material is the best bits from the "Quest for the Holy Grail" movie, but half is new stuff, good stuff, stuff squarely in the Python tradition. The whole thing just works. I was delighted and forgot about my problems for a couple of hours of pure fun. Highly recommended.

Also had a celebrity sighting, because John O'Hurley (who is most famous for playing Elaine's nutty boss J. Peterman in "Seinfeld," and who plays King Arthur in "Spamalot") walked right by me while I was waiting for the doors to open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy, Rake. Long-time reader, first-time commenter. It's nice to finally put a face to the grump. Great writing, man, keep it up. Next time I'm in Vegas, I owe you a beer.

--Ant.