Saturday, October 20, 2007

For poker rules nerds only

Yeah, I'm one of them. I think it's fun reading poker rule books and figuring out ways that the rules could be worded better, or situations that the rules don't cover. I'm a poker rules nerd.

While reading an online discussion forum, I came across a link I already like a lot: http://www.thehendonmob.com/tournament_director/articles/introduction.html It's a series of situations--some real, some hypothetical--posed to six prominent poker tournament directors, and the discussions that ensue among them about how they would apply the rules. They don't always agree, and the different viewpoints and arguments is what makes this series interesting and thought-provoking--if you like that sort of thing, that is. I realize that I'm in a minority, but I love this kind of stuff. I feel like a pig that has just sniffed out a truffle.

No comments: