Sunday, August 17, 2008

Update on reversal of fortune




After a quick stop at a friend's housewarming party tonight, I was off to Bill's Gamblin' Hall. I left 2 1/2 hours later with an extra $294 in my wallet. So I think I can state with some conclusiveness that the horrid skid has come to an end. Poker feels back under control again.

Both of my most profitable hands were quirky little ones with which I called a pre-flop raise with position on the raiser. The first was 7-8 offsuit, which matched rather nicely with the 5-6-9 rainbow flop, and gave me the entire stack of a nice woman who was holding pocket kings.

On the second one I called the raise from the button with 3-5 of hearts. The final board was 3-3-9-10-J, and I took all of the chips of two other players, one with an overpair (the original raiser) and one with J-9.

It definitely feels like the poker train is back on the tracks. Confidence and patience are rapidly returning to pre-disaster levels.

No comments: