Monday, September 29, 2008

Celebrity sighting




Joe Awada was at the table next to mine at the Palms tonight, playing a little $2-5 NLHE. That's him, with his head framed by the door in the background, looking off into space (looking at the football game on TV, actually). I understand he's there not infrequently. I'm not sure I'll ever grasp the economic rationale of people who routinely enter $10,000 tournaments playing what seem to be abnormally small cash games. Maybe some of them get staked for tournaments, but play cash games with their own money, and don't have nearly as big a bankroll as the tournament scene would suggest. Just a guess.


Horrible poker night. Doubled up on my first hand, which was nice, but it proved not to be a harbinger of any kind. All downhill from there. Nothing connected from that point forward. Finally busted out when my top pair/top kicker was the fourth-best hand! That, my friends, is a bad night of poker. Don't feel like saying another word about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of your great first hand:

A buddy of mine, a good golfer, dreads birdieing the first hole.

Says nothing good ever follows.