Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Grump makes a funny




Well, at least I thought it was funny.

Here's the situation. I was at Bill's last night, not involved in the hand. Player A has 9-7. Player B has A-9. Flop is 9-9-8. They get all the money in, but with the 7 kicker, Player A catches a very lucky runner-runner straight.

Player B goes off on the dealer, who is obviously the main culprit in this grave injustice. He complains that this dealer has been delivering him bad beats all day long, blah, blah, blah. The dealer appropriately just lets it bounce off of him, while continuing with the next hand, but the tirade continues.

Finally Player B storms off to calm down for a while. I take the opportunity to ask the dealer, "Are you married?"

He looks at me completely puzzled. "Am I married?"

"Yeah, are you married?"

"No. Why?"

I tell him, "Oh, I was just wondering if you get blamed for things that aren't your fault at work and at home, or just here."

5 comments:

Chappy & Bailey said...

[crickets chirping]

Rakewell said...

Some people just don't appreciate hilarity....

:-)

bastinptc said...

Some of us are still married.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Good one. What was the dealer's reaction?

sigszilla said...

Funny, indeed. I'm curious as to the dealer's response, too...