Sunday, March 29, 2009

Poker gems, #230

Justin Bonomo, in Bluff magazine column, March, 2009, p. 68.


I first played it [the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure] five years ago when I was nineteen. It was my second WPT ever and I managed to cash in it (30th). On the bubble I had a table full of internet phenoms. We all told each other our online names and had some good chats. There was one eighteen-year-old kid at the table who wouldn't give his online name. He claimed we would all know how he played if he told us. He ended up making a terrible call for all his chips against a super-nit that obviously had the nuts. He bubbled finishing two or three off the money. Afterwards, when he said his online name was "HoldemNL", we all laughed because none of us had a clue who this egotistical nobody was. Some of you reading this might be familiar with him. He goes by the name "Durrrr" these days.

1 comment:

Cardgrrl said...

"online manes"...

Young lions, indeed!