Sunday, March 22, 2009

Who needs a low?




I got this hand while playing in a HORSE sit-and-go. I thought that one of my opponents must have a low hand for half the pot, but was delighted to see all the chips coming my way.

A straight flush is such a thing of beauty. It would be a shame to lose half of the pot to some crappy rough 8-low hand--a point I also made here, the last time I got a straight flush online. Note that both straight flushes were in crubs, which makes perfect sense, since, as I have been learning from B.W.O.P., crubs always get there.

I thought I was going to be able to report having taken down the tournament, but a fiercely contested heads-up finale ended badly for me when my full house lost to a bigger one on the river. Sad but true. I think when you hit a straight flush, they ought to just stop the tournament right there and award you all the prize money. But nobody asked me.

1 comment:

BWoP said...

My last straight flush was also a K-high crub straight flush!

Hooray for the crubs :-)