Sunday, April 04, 2010

Punishment

The month of March was my second-worst ever. With a few brief interruptions, it was a non-stop barrage of expensive second-best hands, blended with a few boneheaded plays and a seeming complete inability to figure out where I was in a hand. The first few days of April have continued the streak. So I decided to take a few days off from playing, give my brain a break, and see whether that helps turn things around.

While relaxing at home today, I decided to try my hand at an online HORSE tournament for $33 on Stars. (The fact that I wasted 3 hours on the same thing last night, getting off to an unbelievably good start and then crashing and burning two spots short of the money did not deter me, though it probably should have.)

Here's a sampling of what happened:



















In that last hand, note that the money was all in pre-flop.

In the hand in which I was dealt rolled-up sixes, it was the ONLY hand in that entire level where a raise on third street ended the hand, winning just the antes.

I finished 36th out of 166, with 24 spots paying.

Obviously I am being karmically punished for something horrible I have done. I just can't figure out whether it was in this life or a previous life.

Please pass the hemlock, and let me get on to the next one quickly.

4 comments:

There are some who call me... Tim said...

If you were being karmically punished for that string, you must have kicked more than your fair share of kittens or puppies.

Youch!

Wolynski said...

Pucker up. This, too, shall pass.

Big-O said...

Did you leave any Christmas decorations up after the New Year?
That will do it every time.

Big-O said...

Did you leave any Christmas decorations up after the New Year?
That will do it every time.