Friday, April 30, 2010

Sucking at online poker

I just found a nice post on the PokerStars blog, here. It's by a local physician named Dominic Ricciardi, and it's called, "Why I Suck at Online Poker." His experience and his speculations about why he does better at live poker than online exactly mirror my own (except that I don't have a wife or kids). It's a worthwhile read, if you have found yourself struggling with the same discrepancy and wondering either why it happens or what you can do about it.

Dr. Ricciardi, on the outside chance that you're a reader, drop me a note. It would be nice to play and chat with you sometime. We may have more in common than you would think.

1 comment:

astrobel said...

I don't get it,

If that guy ( or you for that matter ) wants to improve his online results why on earth admits not to be concentrating while playing ???

I mean, poker requires attention to detail. We all know that. Online we see many more hands AND those develop much quicker that at live games. SO not to miss vital info you really need to be paying attention and processing whatever goes on at the table/s.