Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Diseased

A couple of weeks ago PokerNews published a list of the most overused poker terms. The #1 item was, fittingly, "so sick."

Here's what I'm going to do to help vanquish this overuse. From now on, whenever I am tempted to use the word "sick" to describe a poker situation, I shall instead refer to it as "diseased."

"Did you see that diseased bluff that Tom Dwan made on High Stakes Poker
last night?"

"Yeah, but Phil Ivey calling him there with just king-high was even
more diseased."

"You caught your one-outer on me? Dude, that is so diseased!"

"If I fold here, it will be the most diseased laydown in history."

You get the idea. I'm curious to see if I can get this to catch on and supplant the use of "sick" in popular poker culture. I will consider it a personal triumph if five years from now PokerNews revisits the question of most overused poker terms, and I find "diseased" on their list.

Won't you help me spread the meme?

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

I'll help, but doing so is so diseased.