Saturday, June 18, 2011

No love

Not much interesting to report on today's WSOP seniors event. I increased my stack by nearly 50% on the first hand, making the nut flush to beat the nut straight. It continued going well for the first five hours, but then I got moved to a new table and ran aground. It wasn't that there was anything really different about the new table; that was just a coincidence. I went from having more than double the chip average to busto in a series of six hands, which included a mix of misreads on my part, suckouts, and lost races, none of them interesting enough to bother retelling.


Oh well. It was a nice adventure anyway. I was right in my pre-event estimation that this field would be even softer than that of the typical $1500 donkament. They were all playing a completely straightforward and transparent game, which left lots of room to take an edge with well-timed bluffs and catching some breaks with oddball starting hands that they never guessed.


One more license plate for you, spotted when I took a walk during one of the breaks:




Again, I was completely blinded by the sun overhead, so couldn't tell what was on the screen until later, which is why the framing is off. You'll just have to take my word for it that the plate reads, "AALLLIN."

No comments: