Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ira Glass on poker books

Wil Wheaton mentioned in passing on his blog today something about Ira Glass and storytelling. I'm a hard-core Ira Glass fan, so I clicked on the link, which took me to a series of four YouTube segments, totaling about 17 minutes, in which Glass expounds on the building blocks of good storytelling. If you're interested in doing anything creative--whether or not it involves storytelling per se--I think you should watch them. After discussing what makes a good story, he shares keen insights into how long it takes to get good, and how much crap you have to produce in order to make something really worthwhile.


After I had watched those clips, I started clicking around the related videos, and found this one, in which Glass takes us around a Borders bookstore, highlighting some of his favorite items. In the first two minutes or so, he discusses the poker books he has read that have helped his game the most:


No comments: