Monday, January 09, 2012

Poker gems, #444

Jennifer Tilly, in Bluff magazine, December, 2011, page 76.



Sometimes I wonder if I am a compulsive gambler, and then I realize I am not. If I am losing, I quit because I hate losing. If I'm winning, I quit. I like to quit while I'm ahead.

Phil [Laak] is the exact opposite. If he is down, he refuses to get up from a table until he is unstuck. Conversely, if he is winning, he won't get up either because he is on a roll. According to Phil, there is NEVER a good reason to get up from the table.

4 comments:

Wine Guy said...

Hmm. You'd think that Jennifer would be reason enough..

Alcantrix said...

well, many of us are like Phil

balt999 said...

Sounds like a lot of poker players...especially Phil Laak's philosophy

Anonymous said...

As he proved by playing for 115 hours that one time...