Saturday, January 26, 2013

Big birthday

I'm a day late in thinking of doing this (have had a few other things on my mind...), but won't you join me in wishing my father, Joe, a happy 90th birthday? He was born January 25, 1923.

Yesterday I asked him if 90 felt any different than 89. He said no, then added this observation: "I used to think that when I turned 70, that would be the end of having to do things I didn't want to do. That didn't happen. So then I thought when I turned 80, that would be the end of having to do things I didn't want to do. That didn't happen either. I'm guessing that 90 won't be any different."

There you have it, folks--wisdom from my favorite nonagenarian.

Happy birthday, Dad.



6 comments:

NT (aka Cardgrrl) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bastinptc said...

Heartfelt birthday wishes for your Dad, Rakewell.

Memphis MOJO said...

Happy birthday to your dad.

Rakewell said...

NT (aka Cardgrrl) said...

My very best birthday wishes to your Dad. I'm so glad he has family around him at this time.

Josie said...

Happy birthday Father Grump! My deepest condolences to you.

Bob has told me more than one story about his father and what always shines through is his admiration for you.

All my best.

Josie

lightning36 said...

Sounds like your Dad had a great birthday.

Poker Grump ‏@PokerGrump
"Having you all here makes me as happy as I can be." My dad, last night, surrounded by his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.