Friday, July 10, 2015

Something went wrong

I played an online tournament today for the first time in about 18 months.

The first time I was dealt The Mighty Deuce-Four, I called a pre-flop raise. We saw this excellent flop:



The only question here is whether the turn will be an ace for a 5-high straight, or a 6 for a 6-high straight. Right?

So Player 72 bets more than I have. I call all-in. Obviously.

And the turn was an ace. Of course. Got this hand locked up tight as a drum.

Until something went terribly, terribly wrong.



I'm reeling. I don't understand how something like this can happen.

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

The vagaries of poker -- even the best starting hand doesn't always hold up. I mean the donkey got lucky, it's that simple.

Speaking of donkey, I played at the Tampa Hard Rock last night and learned a new term. There are Spanish speakers here, of course, and one called another "grande burro" which apparently means big donkey.

nottom said...

You've been playing long enough to know the best hand doesn't always hold up, but you know in the long run 42o is going to be a winner.

Rob said...

Online poker is rigged. I thought you knew that.

Anonymous said...

I think it was lost only because you got a little cocky. It is easy to get cocky when you have the worlds most powerful hand