Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Poker Grump readers' tournament: Update




Bah! As the initial email from Full Tilt had suggested, I had them slightly modify the tournament request, just to include this web address in the comments section of the tournament lobby, so that anybody browsing the private tournament list could see where to go to learn more.

Little did I know that making that change required them to dump the whole tournament and institute a new one:

**********************

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and tournament request. I have updated your private tournament comment as you requested in your e-mail below and it is open for registration at this time. In order to locate your tournament, click the "Private" tab in the tournament lobby.

Tournament #38270872 (02.05.08 21:00ET)

Please be advised that the 3 players registered for your initial tournament id have had their buy-in & fee automatically returned to their player accounts.

If you require any changes to your tournament structure, do not hesitate to reply to this e-mail.
Thank you and Good Luck!

John
Team Full Tilt
*************************

So the other two of you who had already registered, like me, have had your registrations cancelled, and now you have to do it again. I'm sorry about that--had I known, I would have just left it alone.

There's a learning curve to everything in life.

I also figured out why the prize pool shown is greater than the one entry fee. The minimum number of players with which they'll start the tournament is two, so the prize pool will have to be at least $40.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'd love to play, but since I'm still at the microstakes, $20 is like 30% of my online bankroll, and I'm not inclined to use my BofA card to load money on FT (I've used a transfer from a friend to get started a week ago...).

If you dropped it to a $5 event, I might consider it, but of course, you know you can't please everyone.

Great idea though.

Ted said...

I agree, great idea. I am in.

Ted

Red Bull + Poker