Monday, January 28, 2008

Special announcement: Poker Grump readers' tournament




To celebrate my most recent attempted return to online poker, and the happy discovery that I don't suck at it quite as badly as I used to (that's as bold a claim as I think it's safe to make at this point), I have arranged a private poker tournament at Full Tilt.

This is the email I got from the helpful folks there:

************
Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and tournament request. I have created your private nl hold'em tournament as you requested in your e-mail below as a double stack tournament with 3000 chips and it is open for registration at this time. In order to locate your tournament, click the "Private" tab in the tournament lobby.

Tournament #38179680 (02.05.08 21:00ET)

The payout structure for your tournament is the standard 9 handed payout structure and it is possible to view the percentage payouts on this link:

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/tourPayout9Hand.php

If you want to include your web address in your comment so that players can read your blog and enter your tournament or require any changes to your tournament structure or payouts, do not hesitate to reply to this e-mail.

Thank you and Good Luck!

John
Team Full Tilt
***************

I've already registered, as you can see above (click the image to bigger it). I hope that by next Tuesday I won't be the only player. That would be very, very, very, very sad. It would be nice to be able to play and chat with you all.

It's a double-stacks structure, so lots of play for the money. No re-buys or add-ons. And no overlay--I'm not making that much yet!

If I picked a day, date, time, or entry fee that don't work for a lot of you, I'm sorry--I had to just guess. Suggestions for what might work better in a future event will be welcomed.

The password to register is: grumpy.

Based on my recent experiences, I know that funding an online account can be slow and frustrating. If any of you want to participate but don't have money at Full Tilt, and can't get it there in time, shoot me an email (rakewell at cox dot net), and we'll see if we can arrange an exchange, using some other poker site where you do have some bucks already, or via PayPal.

I hope to see many of you there.

3 comments:

voiceofjoe said...

What a good idea- unfortuantely not Hour Friendly for your european readers, but maybe next time.

BTW strange screenshot - Its $20 to enter, with just the one sole entrant - yet the Prize pool is $40 ??
So you sould technically claim yourself as the winnera nd walk away $18 richer !!

Hope it goes well anyway :)

Rakewell said...

I hadn't noticed the total prize pool--very odd. We'll see what it does as more people sign up.

As for the time-zone thing, yeah, I realize I can't accommodate everybody in the world at once. Of the last 4317 hits to the site, 4000 were from the U.S. and 125 from Canada, leaving only relatively tiny numbers from the other side of the pond--so I had to go with the overwhelming majority here. Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

Howdy Rake:

I'm in (RaoulDuke13), albeit tentatively. I may be detained well into that evening. 70% chance I'll make it.

Hope to see you then.

--Ant.