Friday, November 14, 2008

#1000



51 days ago I did post #900. You would think that at that point, reaching 1000 would seem like nothing at all. But it actually still felt like a nearly unachievable milepost--how could I think of another hundred things to write? But somehow they come, like a dripping faucet. Sometimes up to nine in a day (I think that's my record), sometimes several days in between. And to get to post #1100, I don't really have to think of a hundred things to say right now; one will do.

I cannot possibly express my surprise, delight, and gratitude that so many people still find it worth the time to visit here every day or two to see what I've had to say. I'm overwhelmed every time I think about it. I shall try to continue looking for amusing and/or interesting stories from my own poker experiences, as well as provide a slightly off-kilter, unconventional point of view on whatever is happening in the larger poker universe.

Please keep reading. Please keep submitting comments, suggestions, questions, critiques, etc. Please keep checking out the sponsors. Your doing those things makes this rewarding for me.

4 comments:

GrrrlZilla said...

I think it's us the readers who should be thanking you. Congratulations on the milestone.

Anonymous said...

I have a question in honor the the 1000th post:

Is there a post that outright sticks in you mind more than the others? Perhaps one you keep thinking about editing or polishing, or one about a topic that keeps coming back to mind... Perhaps a missed opportunity, or a mistake that still eats at you, or something you saw you just can't believe...

Anyway, without getting TOO philosophical, I'm curious if there is a post that really resonates more than everything else after time?

Rakewell said...

There is. But you'll have to wait to hear about it! I'll compile a "best of" list around December 31/January 1, and unless I write something even better between now and then, I already know what the #1 entry will be. (Hint: It's a Bill's story.)

Memphis MOJO said...

I second what grrizilla said. We appreciate the care you give to your work.