Monday, February 23, 2009

Online poker show

I just came across a web site that I hadn't seen before: http://vegasundressed.com. They put up shows about Vegas, including "Stripper Method," described as "a glimpse into the lives of two former exotic dancers who are now your everyday mothers, housewives and business owners," and "The VegasCabbie," with a taxi driver's tips and insights into the city.

But most relevant here is "That Show with Those Guys," three poker players who talk about what they're doing and review poker rooms and tournaments. I watched just one, an episode about the Venetian and its Deep Stack Extravaganza. Frankly, it's not my cup of tea, as it sounds just like a lot of the table talk I hear for hours every day. But give it a try, maybe you'll like it more than I did.

5 comments:

Cardgrrl said...

I actually had some hope for this; alas, I found it pretty much unwatchable (and not just because of the lengthy, albeit somewhat incoherent discussion of the relative charms of cocktail waitresses at different poker rooms).

I get the concept, and with the right people and some editorial attention, it could be fun. Something punchy, witty, Siskel-and-Ebert-y, for example.

You know anybody who could do something like that?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention... I think...

If you think we're unwatchable now, you should catch up on our older shows.

For the record, the show started out more of a review of different suites in town. At the start of the year we started doing shorter shows with more on-topic conversation. Regardless, the show is pretty much just fun for us to do and gives us an excuse to get away from the wives for a night.

However, we welcome the Poker Grump on our show any time to liven it up and teach us a thing or two about entertaining.

Rakewell said...

Hey, *I* didn't say it was unwatchable!

Anonymous said...

Very true... appreciate your letting us down easier than Cardgrrl...

Cardgrrl said...

Uh.... would you believe: it's a guy thing?

I will confess that I based my judgment on a very small sample size.