Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Poker players who don't like money

This happened just a few hands before packing it in last night at the Venetian. Big stack at the table puts in the third raise preflop--all in. Conservative young woman who had put in the second raise tanks. Big stack tells her to fold, he has the best hand, he doesn't want action, just wants the pot as it is. She's not convinced. He tells her, "You should fold. I have aces." He shows her one. She's still thinking. So finally he turns over his other card--another ace. She screws up her face, but still takes maybe 10 or 15 seconds before she mucks her pocket kings face up.

As Robert at The Vegas Year is fond of saying, "These are the people I play with."

I've seen this once before, as reported here. I still don't get it. As far as I'm concerned, when I have aces, please, please, please let's get as much money in as we can, whether my opponent has kings or anything else.

I guess some people just don't like money.

4 comments:

WindBreak247 said...

Wow, unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

might be that he was looking to leave a long session and wanted to book a win. not so unreasonable, IMO.

Willrr said...

"might be that he was looking to leave a long session and wanted to book a win. not so unreasonable, IMO."
level? never this. ever. but again, probably a level.

Ted said...

I like chips and these are the people that I play with. :)

A Gift for Me for President's Day [How Not to Play Position]