Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cheap classical music (marginal poker content)

Go here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000375211&ref=tsm_1_tw_dm199x5_20101110

For a limited time, you can download five different collections of 99 tracks each of classical music, and one such set of Christmas music in MP3 format for $1.99 each. I bought all of them. Almost none of the performers will be people who are big sellers here in the U.S.; most of the names and ensembles appear to be from Russia and Eastern Europe. But so what? They have excellent performers and recording studios there, too, ya know. There's between 6 and 13 hours of music in each set. I just finished playing two Bodog tournaments, took 3 1/2 hours. I started the piano music collection on iTunes when I started, for background music, and only got up through #31 of 99 tracks. The recordings were perfectly fine (and I'm pretty much a snob about classical music) and I greatly enjoyed having it on. I even ordered a couple of extra mini-SD chips (only $6 each now!) for my MP3 player so that I'll have room to copy these new acquisitions to it. Then you, too, can listen to nice music while you PLAY POKER. (See? There's your poker content right there!)

Hat tip to OhCaptain for the tweet about this. Excellent find!

3 comments:

Michael Moulton said...

I had a $1 Amazon MP3 promo credit, so I got the Christmas collection for 99 cents. Great deal, thanks for the tip!

OhCaptain said...

You are very welcome sir. I've bought several of these collections, great deals.

gadzooks64 said...

I have helped myself to a few of these recently as well.

I subscribe to a couple sales/deals sites and those show up in my reader on a fairly regular basis.