Sunday, November 07, 2010

This is who you want at the table

After my session at Mandalay Bay (see previous post), I decided to spend a little time at Luxor. One of the players at the table was plainly quite drunk. He couldn't even coordinate his hands enough to stack his chips, and just kept them in a messy pile.

After I had been there for a while, a man, who we soon learned was drunk guy's brother, came along to chat with him:

Brother: "There you are. I thought you went back to the room to sleep."

Drunk guy: "I tried, but I couldn't see the room numbers well enough to know which one was ours, so I came down here instead."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Drunk/not drunk for better play depends on the person.

I for one play much better while smashed, and can back it up with stats of sober vs. drunk.

But, that blind drunk at your table... hope you snagged a few chips :)