Sunday, November 18, 2007

Comedy club (non-poker-related content)






When I get show tickets for free (sign up at http://www.showtickets4locals.com/, if you live in the Vegas area), I think it's a nice gesture to give a little plug here when it turns out to be a good one. This week I caught a guy named Brad Upton at the "L.A. Comedy Club" at Palace Station (http://www.palacestation.com/entertainment/trax/). I thought he was very, very funny--had me laughing almost all of the way through his set. Frankly, the emcee and the warm-up acts were lame, and they got me thinking that the whole thing had been a colossal waste of an evening. But then Upton came out and hooked me right away. He's well worth going to see, if you get the chance.

I can't really tell you anything more about it, because how do you describe a comedian--other than repeating some of his material, which would ruin the show for you--beyond saying that he's really funny? So I'm stuck just saying, "He's really funny." I hope that's enough. Oh, wait--I do know another point to make about him. When I recall several of his lines and bits, I don't just smile or think how clever he was, but I actually start laughing out loud again just from the memory of it. That doesn't happen for me very often with comedians. There. That's the best endorsement I can think of.

Now go get your tickets.

No comments: