Monday, February 11, 2008

A confession




When I'm in a hand, I often hear the voices of Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten in my head, doing the play-by-play commentary.

**********

MIKE: Oh, look at this, Vince, Rakewell has flopped the nuts.

VINCE: Yes he has, Mike.

MIKE: He has top set with no straight or flush possible at this point.

VINCE: The "Star-Spangled Banner" is going off in his head.

MIKE: This could spell real trouble for his opponent's pocket aces. Let's see how he's going to play it. Well, he checked. He knows he has an aggressive opponent who will likely take a stab at it, so he's playing it slow.

VINCE: He's dug the hole, he's putting the twigs and branches over it.

[Etc.]

**********

I have a feeling I'm not alone in this little delusion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With me, it's trying desperately to keep the snide commentary of Norman Chad OUT of my head.