Saturday, May 31, 2008

Some people just don't recognize a good deal when they see it




The first time I played poker at Bill's Gamblin' Hall and Saloon they accepted my generic Harrah's card for tracking hours. But last night, they said that I had to get a Bill's card. OK, whatever, I don't mind adding to my collection.

When I got it, they also presented me with what you see above--a Bill's Fun Book. It's loaded with coupons for free and discounted goods and services at Bill's and other Harrah's properties. (They haven't yet changed it to reflect the new corporate name of "Caesars.")

I looked through it, and there wasn't much I would personally use. So it occurred to my ever-enterprising self to sell the thing. As you can clearly see, it says right on the front cover, "$850 value." But when I tried offering it around at the bargain-basement price of just $500, nobody would buy! Can you believe it???

So just for my readers, I'm making an even steeper discount. A mere $100 and it's yours! That's what a generous guy I am.

Of course, you could sort of get one for free just by signing up for a Bill's card. But don't let that stay your hand! This offer won't last long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's very generous of you to offer it for $100.

But I'll make you an even better deal...

How about you pay me $100 to take it off your hands.

This will save you time from having to try and sell it. It'll get it off your hands quick so no worrying about if you'll have to dispose of it.

Hurry...this offer will rise to $500 at midnight ;-)