Friday, July 25, 2008

UltimateBlecch and Absolute Puker to merge (sort of) into one giant vomitorium




This is the first time that I've had a post almost finished, then deleted it. The reason is that in doing my last-minute due diligence of seeing what others have written on the subject of the announced quasi-merger of Absolute Poker and UltimateBet as "Cereus," I discovered that between Wicked Chops Poker, Hard-Boiled Poker, and Pokerati, everything I was going to say has already been said, and better. I thought I would be the first to point out the laughable irony of the name selection, because the first thing I thought of upon seeing "Cereus" was that Bacillus cereus is a gastrointestinal pathogen that causes nausea and vomiting. (Yeah, I actually know strange stuff like that, from my pre-poker life.) But nope, Pokerati managed to catch that, too. Damn.

So on the outside chance that any of my readers don't already regularly read any of those three other blogs (and if you don't, what the hell is wrong with you???), now you know where to look for the basic information (Pokerati) , for thoughtful commentary (Hard-Boiled Poker), and for snarky shots at the absurdity of the whole thing (Wicked Chops Poker).


Addendum

Hey, I just thought of something original to say about the situation after all. There's this silver lining: Instead of there being two poker networks in which the site owners are cheating their players, now there will be only one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that info on "Bacillus cereus"!

What AP and UB have done and continue to do does make you nauseous and want to vomit.

Anonymous said...

I have a good friend who believes there is no such thing as an original thought. Not sure I wanna believe that ... but it only makes sense that some things are so ridiculous that the spark the same 1-5 thoughts in certain people.

Love your pic on this one, btw. You've inspired me to consider using more 14th Century European paintings in my posts.

Black plague=good times!