Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Why I might be good for your game



The other day I was playing at Bill's. I moved from one table to the other because I wasn't making any progress where I was. But not too long after moving, a bunch of people left and we all got moved back to the first table. A guy that had been across from me at the second table ended up on my right after the consolidation.

I was puzzled when he told me that he had been glad to have me join his table. I was even more puzzled when he said, "In fact, I wish you'd follow me around everywhere I play poker." I didn't understand this comment--I wondered if he was trying to tell me that I was a fish from whom he'd easily be able to make money.

Nope. He cleared it up for me with the next sentence: "Having you around keeps me from making stupid moves, because I don't want to have to read about it the next day."


Incidentally, I think I finally convinced him of the amazing power of the mighty 4-2. He saw me take a decent pot with it by backing into a flush, then followed my example and won an even larger pot himself, bluffing at an ace-high flop, then hitting a 3 on the turn and a 5 on the river to back into the nuts with my favorite junk hand.

I'd better stop telling these stories. Don't want everybody to know about the secret power!

No comments: