Sunday, January 04, 2009

Readers seeing the light on the 2-4

Remote-posting as a virtual outlaw from one of the two states of the union in which all gaming is illegal. (I slipped over the border unnoticed.) It's even in the state constitution, f'r cryin' out loud. (Article VI, Section 27: "The Legislature shall not authorize any game of chance, lottery or gift enterprise under any pretense or for any purpose.") In fact, the state's biggest newspaper this morning carried an editorial urging that that prohibition be allowed to be extended to a ban on online gambling, no matter what international trade agreements might say to the contrary. It even used the lame "crack cocaine of gambling" line. Srsly. I'll post a link to it when I can, but it seems not to be available on the paper's web site yet. (The editorial is in support of the legislative proposal discussed here and here.)

Anyway, this is just a quick post to point you to an excellent 2-4 hand posted by reader GrrrlZilla here. (See her blog here.) I won't embed it because I keep getting complaints about the page being slow to load when it contains Flash movies.

Nice to be getting more converts to the cult religion of the deuce-four, of which I have anointed myself to be Grand Poo-Bah.

Oh, and while I'm throwing together unrelated links, F-Train shows why it pays to read the ol' Grumpster once in a while!

I'll be back in Vegas late Monday. Don't go crazy while I'm gone.

2 comments:

Mitchell Cogert said...

First, I bet that paper either shows the betting lines on sporting events, horse racing results and/or has sports writers talking about these topics.

Second, that 2-4 hand replay makes no sense to me. It must be play money to call in the BB an $800 raise (3x's the BB) heads-up with 2-4 offsuit.

Third, I guess in the next Super System book they will call the 2-4 the Poker Grump. Congrats will be in order.

Anonymous said...

I am starting to believe in the power of 2-4, although i failed to listen one time when I should've.

The first time was in a small tourney, in the button I see the 2-4 off. Of course I raise. BB calls. Flop is A-3-5 rainbow. Wapopow. BB checks, I decided to min bet, BB unfortunately folds. I turned cards face up. Everyone looks at me funny as if I made a bad raise PF.

Second time in a cash game, I was in hijack, UTG raises, I see the mighty 2-4 and consider calling but UTG pushes all in. I have to fold here. Darn. Flop is 2-4-K. Dang!