Thursday, April 02, 2009

Marking the day

Today is April 2, the American shorthand for which is 4/2. That makes this the second-holiest day (after 2/4, obviously) in the liturgical calendar of the Holy Order of the Deuce-Four. Those of us who have sworn allegiance have a sacred obligation to play the hand at least once today, full of faith that the poker gods will reward our devotions.

Do your proper obeiscances and propitiations (religious thought is full of such wonderful words!) on this holy day. Blessed be the Deuce-Four. Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah. i completely forgot the date. I played at around midnight between april 1 and 2, that's why i forgot it was 4/2 already. the mighty 2-4
won two good pots for me though.

the first one, I was in LP, i called a PF raiser who kept betting in every street and pushed in the river. it just felt like he was on a draw while i hit bottom pair on the flop. at showdown, he missed his gutshot and i flipped over the deuce-four for the win with the whole table in shock.

the second one, i was in EP and limped, two seats to my left, raised and almost everybody
called, so i called too. flop was 5-6-7 rainbow. checked all around. turn was a J, orignal
raiser made a bet. fold to the button who called, and I called. river was a beauty of a
three. I made a bet, raiser made a crying call, button folded. Raiser had pocket kings.

i forgot the date but the cards did not.

Texas Redeemer said...

Eww lost a big pot when in 5/10 live when I flopped a straight with deuce four and the villain rivered a flush with Deuce Nine Spades. Deuce four probably played better on April 4, 2004 then today.

matt tag said...

I'll have you know I was dealt the most powerful hand in poker last night - deuce of crubs, four of crubs!

Read all about it on my blog (holdemnotebook.blogspot.com).

Ray said...

4/2 is my anniversary, I tried, but no good stories to tell!!