Monday, April 06, 2009

Poker gems, #233




Gabe Kaplan, on the 4/5/2009 installment of "High Stakes Poker." (For more on Hickok and his final hand, see here. To see the biggest pot in televised poker history ($919,600 cash), watch part 2 here.)


I had a big rivalry with Wild Bill Hickok. Bill used to come over the top of me all the time. I was sad when he got shot, not because he got shot, but the flop on that hand came A-10-8, and I had A-10. I thought I was gonna win a lot of money finally, y’know, and boom, and it was over. Flop top two pair and the guy gets shot in the back.

1 comment:

Pend Oreille said...

I hope to see more of "Durrrr" on High Stakes Poker. He clearly got under the skin of some of the poker elders and the battle with Barry "Math is idiotic" Greenstein will be one to remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOdZYpeDA7E