Monday, May 25, 2009

Prediction confirmed

I met my friend Shamus for lunch today to welcome him to town. He and I will both be working for PokerNews's coverage of the World Series of Poker, though in different roles.

As we chatted, he mentioned that he had heard Phil Hellmuth confirm the prediction I had made here about a month ago: that he would be showing up for the Main Event dressed as Caesar.

He said this on Gary Wise's 5/20/09 podcast, which you can access here. The relevant question and answer start at about the 55:00 mark.

Hellmuth says that he won't be wearing a toga. Instead, his outfit is modelled after what Colin Farrell wore in the 2004 movie "Alexander."

I certainly hope that Phil is talking about this costume:




and not this one:




(Bringing back awful memories of this:)




Most importantly, I hope Hellmuth will not be showing up in the Farrell "Alexander" costume that you can see here (not reposted here because it is NSFW).

Hellmuth goes on to say in the interview that there are already leaked photos of his outfit circulating on the web, taken from the commercial they filmed. However, I was unable to find them with a few minutes of searching, and it didn't seem important enough to waste more time on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is the first thing I thought of "Pizza!Pizza!" ?