Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy

For reasons that I will detail in the immediately following post, poker yesterday was an exercise in annoyance and frustration. My anxiety was compounded by the fact that I knew when I got home I would have to make a phone call and deal with a personal life situation that had me feeling lost and confused, as if I were groping in the dark. I had feared that the call would amplify that distress and escalate my tension. Instead, it turned out to be profoundly calming and reassuring. It ended with me feeling more valued and trusted than I have in many years.

So why bother posting about this when, as you can tell, I don't feel at liberty to disclose any details? Two reasons.

First, on the outside chance that the person involved is reading this, it gives me another chance to express my humblest and deepest gratitude.

Second, I know that a good number of readers come to care about me and my problems and life despite never having met me. It's kind of a weird blog thing. To them I just want to say that even in the face of various nagging issues and problems, at this point in my life I am, in fact, very, very happy.

No comments: