Thursday, October 01, 2009

Close, but not quite



I stayed home and played the Mookie tonight. First time I've ever cashed in it, and I came in second. Of course, with only 17 players, it's not exactly a world-class accomplishment.

It's hard to go deep in a tournament without getting insanely lucky at least once, and this one was mine. As far as I know, it was the only time I got a lot of chips in bad:



That guy had been a thorn in my side for a long time. He was always raising my blinds light, so this time I just called with my AK. I shoved the flop, he called, then I caught my 3-outer. Hee hee hee!

Other than that, I thought I played pretty well throughout. I didn't blow up, which is something of a novelty.

3 comments:

EDakaEH said...

3 outer. Aces and sevens still beat aces with a king where I play.

Rakewell said...

Oops, right you are! Thanks for the catch. I wrote that one up too fast, obviously. Fixed.

matt tag said...

meh, standard. The best hand won.

(preflop, that is, HA!)