Sunday, February 21, 2010

He said/she said

Interesting discussion about the special challenges women face in getting professional sponsorship from poker sites as the first of what I understand will be an occasional ongoing "he said/she said" series at http://www.womanpokerplayer.com/. See here and here.

One of the points made by both discussants was emphasized--in what I must assume was an unintended manner--by one of the ads that popped up for me next to the "his" essay (they probably rotate so you may not see the same one):




All else being equal, which version of this woman (assuming it's actually the same person, which I kind of doubt) is more likely to land a sponsorship deal?

By the way, to the writers of the series (both of whom I am pleased to call friends), I just have to say: The whole idea would be pepped up if you were to sling a little mud at each other--you know, like the "Jane, you ignorant slut" remarks in the old Saturday Night Live parodies of "60 Minutes" debates. (Yes, I'm just kidding.)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It would really pep up the discussion if we actually had it in the mud...or in jello. Right? I think I see where you're going with this...

Rakewell said...

Hardly. I have no desire to see Martin Jello wrestling. :-)

Cardgrrl said...

Wait, there's an "anicent" rule I need to learn that will make me all svelte and nubile?!?

Why must I learn these things from the interwebs...?