Monday, September 15, 2014

Loch Lomond

Maybe nobody noticed, but it occurs to me that somebody might: One of my selfies was from the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, but I did not do a post of photos from there. So, an explanation: I didn't take many pictures, and the ones I did take kinda sucked.

It's certainly a pretty lake, and it's the largest of the Scottish lochs. But I didn't perceive anything about it that made it really stand out as something one should go out of one's way to see. I suspect it would never have made it onto our tour itinerary if not for it being the subject of a famous song.

If you don't know the song, well, I think you probably should, just as a matter of general cultural awareness. Here's a rendition that I think is especially lovely, though it unfortunately comes with terrible camera work:





Lyrics, history, and disputed interpretation of the song here.


No comments: