Friday, May 08, 2009

I'm goin' to the WSOP!

Well, there's a few minor technicalities to get past first.

I was jealous of Shamus and others who got invited to the previous PokerListings Run Good Challenge, when I didn't. It felt just like being back in school when I was always the last one picked for sports teams. (Trying to suppress painful memories here.)

When it was over, they asked for suggestions on who else should be invited to the next round. I'm shameless. I nominated myself.

And it worked! I received my invitation today. It starts Saturday, May 16, and they are giving away three seats to one of the $1500 WSOP donkaments. Looks like maybe 32 or so participants. You'd think offhand that I'd have roughly a one in ten chance of making it, but really, how hard could it be to beat a bunch of poker bloggers? :-)

Time to go get measured for my first bracelet.

No comments: