Monday, May 04, 2009

Now PokerStars is making EVERYONE grumpy

For six days I have been effectively unable to play on PokerStars due to a glitch in last week's software update. I have also been unable to get any meaningful help from their support people. I posted about it twice. There was little said on the forums, apparently because such a small fraction of users were affected.

Today there is another software update. I guess you could say it was not ready for prime time. The forums are erupting in new threads of people describing their problems. Do a Twitter search for "PokerStars," and you see a bunch of "WTF is the problem?" type messages, agony about doing well in a tournament and then the system crashing, etc. It's not clear yet whether there are two separate issues (i.e., a client software problem and a central server problem), or whether it's all one big interconnected mess.

Either way, I'm experiencing an ugly but delicious bit of schadenfreude. See how it feels to get screwed and be helpless to do anything about it? Maybe now they'll actually get around to making it work right.


Addendum

There is joy in Mudville now. The games are back. The software runs without quitting. I just turned $0.80 in $1.81 in about 45 minutes playing $0.04/$0.08 Omaha-8.

2 comments:

Pokerwolf said...

Yup. I opened Stars last night to play some cash games. The tables opened, I could see everyone at the table and write notes about them, but no cards or chips were on any table I opened.

Full Tilt got my rake.

Unknown said...

I was playing last night fine but the "Cashier" page wasn't working. Game and lobby were fine.

Which was a little nerve-racking as I just damn-near felted 3-4 donks in a HORSE micro cash table. I wanted to see my bankroll surge.

Rake, you changed my online life with pointing me to HORSE. So much soft money, haha. Funny enough I almost sit out every Hold'em hand and can cash in on ORSE as theres at least 1-2 in each game that have that one as their single-game weakness.