Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ante Up magazine cover

I have now seen the April issue of Ante Up magazine, and it included a brief note from the publishers about the anomaly on the March issue cover, which I mentioned here:

On a quick side note, we'd like to thank the pranksters at Beau Rivage for putting two 9s in front of John Dolan in the Million Dollar Heater victory pose we ran on our March cover.

We were seeking a quick way to find out how many people actually look at our cover, and judging by our full inboxes and bloated voicemail from readers wondering how Mr. Dolan won an event with two of the same card, we happily have our answer.


4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

In an event I witnessed, the guy who won grabbed the A-K (both spades)for his photo. Somebody asked him why those cards and he said he wanted to win with good cards, not crap. In fact, he didn't win--we did a four-way chop, but he had more chips so got the photo. The photographer didn't care - he just wanted his photo.

Btw, if I'm ever lucky enough to win one, I'm going to try and think of something better than just holding up two cards in front of a pile of chips. That one is getting pretty old.

crafty said...

Are you buying that? Seems awfully tidy...

Rakewell said...

No, I think it's tongue-in-cheek.

Vookenmeister said...

I think getting a picture with the mighty 2-4 offsuit would be best. I think 4-2 would be a good hand as well to use.