Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The awesome power of deuce-four

From a reader, used with permission:

Thought I would share with you my own experience with the power of
42. All because of your posts I just played it 3 times in a small buy in
online tourney and busted two players and pulled a nice pot with the 3rd.

First, called an early position raise in the BB with it suited.
Caught bottom pair and a flush draw. Check raised him all in, he called
with two overs and didn't connect.

Second time I limped on the button, 5 players saw the flop. I caught
a 2, it was checked all the way down to the river when I caught another 2.
No one called the bet, but the blinds made it a nice pot.

Last time I re-raised an early position raise all in when I was in the BB,
he called with A7 but I flopped 2 pair and it held up.

I'm a believer now and I won the tourney.

Cheers,

Alex


See? What have I been telling you all? Just remember--this little secret is between me and my readers, and is not to be shared with the great unwashed, so keep it on the down-low, OK?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, your inspiration has leaked to the East Coast as well.

A good friend of mine won lunch from me in a side bet we had going in one of our regular home tourneys: first to win a pot with 2-4 wins lunch from the other. He pushed a hapless player off some hand or another with a massive over-the-top bluff.

For the record, I won lunch back at the very next game, a double-or-nothing bet. Same terms but with 10-7 off, my favorite weirdo hand. Runner-runner straight, if you're curious.

Ripples in a pond, eh? I wonder what tilt-laden shores these variations from the norm will tickle next?

--Ant.

bastinptc said...

8-6. I'm telling you, 8-6. But I'm an amateur, so I have to have bigger cards.