Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Movie review: "The Poker Club"

I saw a notice about this direct-to-video film in Poker Pro magazine. See imdb.com entry here. The magazine copy (obviously written by the production company) describes it as a "terrifying new thriller," featuring "intense performances, taut direction and a shocking ending in which all bets are off."

Uh, no.

If I were asked to write a four-word review, I'd have a hard time choosing between "A piece of crap" and "Don't waste your time."

It wasn't listed with Netflix, so I found a torrent of it on a site of questionable legality. A good hint about the quality of the film was that the uploader had labeled the file "gaygaytpc."

There oughtta be a law that if you put the word "poker" in the title of a movie, the movie must contain some actual poker. If there were, the production team here would all go to prison. For life.

Where do I fill out the forms to request getting an hour and a half of my life back?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other than Mike the Mouth Matesow, are there any other openly gay professional poker players?

MsPokerTN said...

I actually did rent this movie for $1 at Red Box. It really has NOTHING to do with Poker. Bad acting but an OK movie for $1.

Anonymous said...

absolutely nothing to do with poker. I also lost $1 at redbox. save your time. this is crap. cheap thriller/very lame.