Saturday, June 13, 2009

PokerStars is pissing me off AGAIN

Just over a month ago, the newly updated PokerStars client was giving me fits, and Stars support was utterly useless. See here for the story.

Today I logged on for the first time in almost two weeks, and there was another update waiting. And just a few minutes into my game, CRASH! After a couple more times of crashing and logging back on, I rebooted. It crashed again. It crashed about 40 times in one SNG. Exactly the same as a month ago.

I just sent the following to Stars support. I predict that I will get a sympathetic but completely worthless message in reply, and that nothing substantive will get done, based on my previous experience with them. I will just have to sit here and seethe until there is another fix, which could take, well, basically forever.

Current state of mind: Seriously unhappy.



I did the software update today, and the result is that when I play, the software crashes about every three minutes. It happened roughly 40 times during one sit-and-go. It is maddening--absolutely intolerable.

If you check your records of communications with me, you'll find that the exact same thing happened after a software update in early May. So I am not going to believe you if you tell me that the problem is within my system, and/or that I am the only one affected. I made the mistake of believing that back then, and spent hours trying to fix the problem, only to find out later that it had, in fact, been a problem with your software update the entire time.

All of which means that I wish you would fix it pronto, but I have no faith that you will. I cannot play on your site until it is fixed, but my previous interaction with you makes me pretty confident that you don't care about that. I had to wait a week for the fix last time. Is it too much to hope that it's faster this time? Probably.

I'm willing to provide any tech information your people need to try to track this down--the log files, etc. But I'm seriously pissed off that I have to go through this AGAIN. Is reliable, non-crashing software really too much to expect from your company?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FWIW, I have not had ANY problems with the new update and didn't have any problems after the May update. There don't seem to be any complaints on the forums either.

Anonymous said...

I have EXACTLY the same problem. It is driving me crazy. Back to Full Tilt

Wine Guy said...

I have to admit that the last update that came my way from PS caused me to be down for 3 days. I uninstalled/reinstalled numerous times and yet it would not allow me to connect to the server(s), even though they showed 100% available to me. I sent support a message, which they promptly replied to advising me to do the same uninstall/reinstall.

I finally got fed up and had to uninstall and go through my entire registry, deleting every reference to PS that I could find. Finally reinstalled and BINGO! I was back in business and losing money in no time!