Sunday, November 22, 2009

Somebody listened to me for a change!

Twitter conversation from overnight, about a rule at Planet Hollywood that I had not previously been aware of, but which I recently discussed after seeing it in place at Harrah's Atlantic City:


socalvegasmk

Was told interesting rule at ph. On requested table changes i can't take stacks over $300. Don't get that one.


AlaskaGal1

@socalvegasmk Going south allowed at PHo?


PokerGrump

@socalvegasmk See http://pokergrump.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-chips-to-take-to-new-table.html.


AlaskaGal1

Maybe @phpokermgr can shed some light on the reason for requiring players to rat hole their winnings if they change tables?


phPokerMgr

@AlaskaGal1 if table change requested, all chips must still play. If table breaks, player may then pocket chips to the buy in limits


AlaskaGal1

@phpokermgr You may want to read this: RT See http://tinyurl.com/ye9tkle


phPokerMgr

@AlaskaGal1 I will change this rule tonight. Thanks for the heads up


phPokerMgr

@socalvegasmk not anymore. I just changed that one. Sorry for the confusion


phPokerMgr

@AlaskaGal1 read it. Thanks for the info. That rule is no longer in exsistence


AlaskaGal1

@phPokerMgr Thanks! I will be back in town in 2 weeks, I will be sure to stop in and say hello!


Dmuzio

@phPokerMgr Must say I am impressed by your customer service and eagerness to change/update house rules. Think I'll be playing PHo more now


socalvegasmk

I was told by new PH room manager that previously mentioned rule about switching tables with only $300 no longer applies.


socalvegasmk

The new room manager at PH was nice enough to come over himself to tell me this while introducing himself.



Then there was this comment submitted overnight to the post in question:

I appreciate you letting me know about this. This is a rule in which will no longer be in place. PLease continue to let me know any irregularities as I am working on changing many rules. bu the way, this is phPokerMgr. Consider this changed.

To which I responded:

Good to hear it, Joe. I hadn't been aware of PH having this rule when I wrote this. As you can see from the comments, though, it does have its defenders. I remain unpersuaded, however.

No comments: