Thursday, January 07, 2010

Quick update

2010 is off to a good start: I've played four times and booked four wins, averaging $30/hour so far. Nothin' wrong with that.

Tomorrow I'm off for what has become my annual trek to Salt Lake City to visit my parents--a slightly belated holiday gathering. My brother is flying in from Minneapolis, and my sister already lives in that area, so it will be good to all be together again. Just checked the forecast, and no snow is anticipated. I'll be driving back on Monday.

Unfortunately, the timing of this trip means that I will miss the entirety of both the Consumer Electronics Show and the Adult Entertainment Expo, which for some reason are being held on identical dates this year (January 7-10) instead of back-to-back, as they have been in the past. Dang. Oh well. There's always another game. It's possible I'll be able to squeeze in a short session tonight after picking up my rental car, but I dunno.

I probably won't even be taking my computer on this trip, so once again you should expect to hear little or nothing from me for a while here. It's not because I don't love you good folks, so please don't fret.

4 comments:

Philly said...

My question is: How many hours do you play? Because $30/hr. is good money if you play for 7 hours. That's $210 profit before taxes for one day, so that would be around $1,000 per week if you play seven hours per day for five days and average $30/hr. Or if you're only playing 3 or 4 hours @ $30/hr. but for 7 days per week, then it might be okay. Either way, it's not high cotton.
I was in Vegas after Xmas for 3 days. I played 1,2 no limit @ Harrah's. I only played about 4 hours per day and I averaged $100/hr. I know that I got lucky a few times, but I think I also played well. And it really wasn't all that hard to do. I hope I can go back and try my luck again sometime in the spring.
You're a lucky man to get to do it every day.

Conan776 said...

^^^ Math is hard.

What I want to know is: are Mormons allowed to gamble? Oh, wait they aren't allowed to do anything. I went to Salt Lake and got frowned at for ordering a caffeinated beverage. :-/

Really pretty town though. Driving from the airport to downtown is exactly like a 1980s video racing game with the mountains in the background.

Gee... if the Adult Entertainment Expo came to Boston one weekend and my dad wanted me to come up to New Hampshire, I'd have to beg him off. But then again, the Puritans came here and they never really left -- we can buy liquor on Sundays for 5 of the past 400 years though! In Vegas I guess it's just another day in da hood.

Big-O said...

Grump,
Don't forget to take some "guess the" pics in Wendover.

Anonymous said...

The CES and Adult shows are the same time every year. There may be a day or two that they don't overlap but they have been at the same time for the past 6-7 years that I have been going.